Community

LTE: The fixed income poverty myth

Dear Editor,  Throughout the decades of my employable years I never knew if there would be job security from day to day. Commission incomes are highly variable, never fixed. Now, receiving Social Security, I finally have a “fixed” guaranteed income which increases for inflation, not exactly fixed. While I have[Read More…]

Anything goes at Saginaw: Customers can’t get enough of farmhouse atmosphere

SAGINAW – If you’re looking at possible spots to host your wedding this summer, go ahead and cross Saginaw Vineyard off your list. They’re all booked.  “It’s all because of the goats,” owner Jack Tibbetts said recently.  “We seriously had one couple who had this awesome photo shoot where these[Read More…]

Education Station: Week of Feb. 8

Early Childhood Hub of Lane County to develop blueprint for improving outcomes for children The Early Childhood Hub of Lane County has been chosen to design a community blueprint for improving the success of young children, through a partnership with Oregon Health and Education Collaborative (OHEC)’s Upstream Initiative. This initiative[Read More…]

Filthy Filberts – The type of ice we actually like

The Filthy Filberts – a Eugene Gender-Inclusive Tournament Hockey Team – held a scrimmage at The Rink Exchange last week. The Filberts are competing in the Las Vegas Women’s Classic later this month. “Learning to play hockey, especially as an adult, can be pretty intimidating,” said co-captain Danielle Walsh. “We[Read More…]

Dangerous ice storm scars cities with damage, causing major disruptions

No community was spared from the intense grips of a relentless ice storm. Blasts of arctic gusts up to 20 miles per hour and an accumulation of up to 4-6 inches of ice brought cities in the Southern Willamette Valley to its knees, prompting power outages that affected thousands and[Read More…]

Instagram

View this profile on Instagram

The Chronicle (@thechronicle1909) • Instagram photos and videos