FRIDAY, MARCH 13
• Friends of the Creswell Library Book Preview Sale, 5 to 7 p.m. at Creswell Community Center, 99 S. 1st St. $5 admission; Friends members shop for free. All genres of books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles and more. All sales benefit the Creswell Library.
• Moveable Feet Community Dance — think “indoor barn dance” — 7-9 p.m. at Creslane Elementary School Cafeteria, 996 W. A St. Live music by Moveable Fingers, but the dance is still free. Ages 8 to adult; toys available for younger siblings. No partner or experience needed, and no fancy footwork. If you can walk, you can dance. More info moveablefeet.weebly.com or 541-895-2254.
SATURDAY, MARCH 14
• Friends of the Creswell Library Book Sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Creswell Community Center, 99 S. 1st St. All genres of books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles and more. All sales benefit the Creswell Library.
• Literary Salon, 6:30-8 p.m.at Opal Center, 513 E. Main St., Cottage Grove. Local authors James Burke and Rod Williams will read selections from their own work and participate in a discussion following the presentation.
• Mr. Billie Pageant 202, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Pleasant Hill High School gym. Tickets are $7 prior to the event or $10 at the door. Tickets may be purchased prior to the event from contestants and coordinators, or at the PHHS or PHES offices. They are also available at the Pleasant Hill Coffee Co. in the feed store parking lot. The first 100 attendees will receive free tickets to a Eugene Emeralds game. Proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network at Sacred Heart Medical Center.
• Royal Princess Fundraiser Ball, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Hillside Church, 635 Holbrook Lane, Creswell. Guests of all ages can participate in many magical activities such as lantern decorating, face painting, coloring stations and more. There will be time for meet and greets/photos with royal guests. Attending the Ball will be Cinderella, a Lantern Princess and her Ruffian Prince, our Little Mermaid and our Fairytale Beauty. A royal dance and song will be performed. All proceeds to Hope Powell’s Mission to Ghana. Purchase tickets for three different time blocks: 10:30 a.m.-noon; 12:30-2 p.m.; 2:30-4 p.m. Tickets: $15 per person available at eventbrite.com/e/royal-ball-tickets-97040951097?aff=
• 2020 Creswell Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Creswell VFW & Auxiliary Post #4039. Cub scouts, their siblings, and caring adults will all be racing their unmanned, custom cut and painted, wooden cars. Members of the community welcome! This year’s event includes a Show & Shine competition with a variety of awards including Best of Show, Most Colorful and Most Creative. Weigh-in will begin at 10 a.m. Cars must be 5 oz. or less.
SUNDAY, MARCH 15
• Friends of the Creswell Library Book Sale, noon to 4 p.m. at Creswell Community Center, 99 S. 1st St. All genres of books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles and more. All sales benefit the Creswell Library.
TUESDAY, MARCH 17
• Free HIV and HepC testing, 5:30-7 p.m. at Cottage Grove Testing and NEX services, 75 S. Fifth St.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18
• Creswell Community Singers rehearsal, 1 p.m. at Creswell Church of Christ, 380 Kings Row. New members are encouraged. More info: Mary Ellen Yost, 541-510-3355.
• Creswell Grange bingo. Doors open at 6:30, bingo starts at 7 p.m. Recurs every third Wednesday monthly at 298 W. Oregon Ave.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
• Community Movie Night: “Abominable,” 7-9 p.m. at the 6th and Gibbs Church. Watch as three teenagers must help a Yeti return to his family while avoiding a wealthy man and a zoologist who want him for their own needs. Kick-off of a series of movie nights for our community of Cottage Grove on the third Friday of every month at 7 p.m.
Free popcorn, free drinks, and a free night at the movies. Bring pillows and blankets for your kids to stretch out on the floor, or sit in the seats we’ll have set up for the movie.
SATURDAY, MARCH 21
• Coast Fork Birders Spring Walk, led by Grace Fowler-Gore, 9 to 11 a.m. at My Brothers’ Farm, 84674 Cloverdale Road in Creswell. My Brothers’ Farm, located along the Coast Fork Willamette River between Creswell and Pleasant Hill, has a CFWWC restoration project implemented on the property. Dress for the weather; bring your own water, snacks and birding gear; and be prepared to walk on some uneven terrain. This walk is beginner-friendly. More info: mybrothersfarm.com.
• Opal Whiteley Celebration, noon-2 p.m. at the Cottage Grove Library. Celebrate the work of Opal Whiteley and view the new Opal collection display area. The day will begin with a lecture by Steve Williamson on Opal Whiteley at the Historical Society Meeting from 10 a.m.-noon. At noon, there will be cake and cider at the new Opal Whiteley display. Steve Williamson will lead a tour of Opal’s homeland east of Cottage Grove and share stories, knowledge and insights about Opal’s life. Sign up in advance for the tour at the Cottage Grove Library.
TUESDAY, MARCH 24
• Jazz Jam at The Cottage, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Cottage Events Venue, 2915 Row River Road. Music educator and bassist Liam Onaitis facilitates this all-comers jazz jam and offers guidance and mentoring to those who are looking to improve their skills. This opportunity for music students and more seasoned players to play together grew out of a desire by local music supporters to give young musicians a means to expand their knowledge and experience in live music performance. The Jam meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month. Participants sign up at the door, and can be added to the email list for a preview of the next session’s five “songs of the week.” The public is encouraged to attend. Donations accepted.
• Free HIV and HepC testing, 5:30-7 p.m. at Cottage Grove Testing and NEX services, 75 S. 5th St.
THURSDAY, MARCH 26
• Creswell Grange community social, 1-3 p.m. Recurs every fourth Thursday monthly at 298 W. Oregon Ave.
SATURDAY, MARCH 28
• Creswell Grange Flea Market. Doors open at 10 a.m. Recurs every fourth Saturday at 298 W. Oregon Ave.
SUNDAY, MARCH 29
• Bridal Open House, 2-4 p.m. at The Village Green in Cottage Grove. Free admission and open to the public. Explore indoor and outdoor wedding venues. Meet with venue managers and speak with a variety of wedding vendors. More info or RSVP contact Joi at [email protected] or call 541-767-402.
SATURDAY, APRIL 11
• Creswell HealthMart Pharmacy third annual Pictures with the Easter Bunny. Details TBD.
FRIDAY, MARCH 13