Community

Dog-walking safety

IMAGE PROVIDED This is a repeat of an article from April 10, 2017. It is still timely and a current discussion. Last week my dog, Geo and I were taking a walk. Geo was sniffing a grass patch in a vacant lot. Out of the corner of my eye, I[Read More…]

Douglas County men plead to wildlife crimes

Cody Miller, Dylan Miller and Brian Philpott, all from Glide, pled guilty or no contest to criminal charges filed in Douglas County Circuit Court for Hunting in Violation of Criminal Trespass and Unlawful Take/Possession of a Trophy Bull Elk, which was poached on Sept. 4, 2017. The investigation conducted by[Read More…]

Entire Oregon coast now open for crabbing

OREGONLIVE.COM The Oregon Department of Agriculture and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife announce that recreational and commercial crabbing is now open from Cape Blanco, north of Port Orford, to the California border. Crab samples taken from the area indicate that levels of the marine biotoxin domoic acid have[Read More…]

Creswell Grange will honor vets on March 29

National Vietnam War Veterans’ Day is March 29, and Creswell Grange is putting forth efforts to ensure that Vietnam-era veterans – and all veterans – are offered a continued ”welcome home” for serving our country. A free public dinner honoring veterans will be held on Thursday, March 29 from 6:30[Read More…]

Instagram

View this profile on Instagram

The Chronicle (@thechronicle1909) • Instagram photos and videos