For people of all generations looking to keep active, supplement their income, meet people and learn new things, the “gig economy” provides opportunities, and many of the jobs can be done remotely.
Consider these popular gigs suggested by Mark Silverman, Founder and CEO, of Amava, a website dedicated to keeping members active and socially engaged through flexible jobs, volunteer gigs, unique experiences and services. According to Silverman, “to take advantage of the gig economy, consider your skills, passions, time and financial requirements.”
• Enjoy wine? Hello, Tasting Host. Winemakers want to create a pleasant environment for guests and need the right person to host tastings. The “gateway to Oregon wine country” is in our backyard.
• Get paid to play with pups. A love for dogs and a willingness to take care of one or more at home or in other people’s homes equals a great opportunity. Workers set hours and pay and, perhaps best of all, spend time with dogs.
• Support a student as a tutor. Guide someone’s educational journey online.
• A technical writer. Many industries are looking for strong writers able to simplify complex information.
• Looking for a new way to apply those training or teaching skills? What about as a software onboarding guide? The hours are flexible and the work is largely remote though the social engagement is high.
• Keep the record straight as a transcriptionist. The main skills? Accuracy and the ability to hit deadlines.
• Connect people and opportunities as a recruiter. Use your honed judgment, wide networks and people skills to match candidates and opportunities.
• Are you a problem-solving people person? As a a customer service representative you’ll help folks all day.
• With the right skill set, a handyperson is always in demand.
• Debits on the left, credits on the right, right? An accountant can keep it all straight on a contract basis from software, tools to characterizing expenditures, accountants are crucial.
Post your “resume” and contact info in The Chronicle for FREE. The Chronicle is offering classified ad space for job seekers!
Send your 25-word ad to [email protected] or call our office 541-895-2197 today!