Creswell Turns the Big 1-4-5

1878 - John Tunnell installed a grist mill on the Coast Fork Willamette with the capacity to grind 50 barrels of flour a day. This $10,000 building was later converted into Creswell's first electric system. It eventually became a full-time operation and was powered by a large wooden water wheel. CHRONICLE ARCHIVES

A very Creswellian Timeline

1845 - Charles G. Martin was the first to take up claim in the Creswell area under the Donation Land Claim Act approved by Congress. Martin settled five miles west of . . .