Want to help your community celebrate the holidays? Use these resources below to volunteer or donate:
Want a sweet treat without the baking hassle?
Choco-doodle-doos by Natural Grocers
These tasty no-bake cookies are especially fun to make with kids!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 ounces 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups nut butter (such as almond butter)
- 1⁄4 cup flax meal or chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried naturally sweetened cherries
- 4 cups mixer (coconut flakes, puffed rice cereal,
- almond slices, sesame seeds or combination)
■ In a pan over low heat (or in a double boiler), melt coconut oil and chocolate. Add maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
■ In a medium bowl, stir chocolate mixture into nut butter. Stir in cranberries or cherries and flax meal or chia seeds, then gently mix in “mixer” of choice until completely coated.
■ Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 40 minutes. It is best to store these in the refrigerator.
They may help boost your mood, too!
Have family in town?
Check out our local holiday guide for things to do with them
Let’s keep in touch…
Interested in getting interviewed? Have an insight or perspective that needs to be shared with the world? Click contact us below:
Want more updates? Click links below to follow our social media: