Opinion-Editorial

Foundation saves old schoolhouse

McCoy

Editor’s note: May is National Historic Preservation Month. The Creswell Heritage Foundation offers a column on the topic each week. 

In 1927, the Creswell Civic Improvement Club (CCIC) bought the building on the NW corner of south 2nd and D Streets from the Oregon Baptist Society. The Club had organized in 1913 as an affiliate of the National Federation of Women’s Clubs and needed its own meeting place. Their first project was to make major renovations to the building, including the . . .

Facebook

Instagram