The history of Creswell seems to be tied up in one old building. It is the Old Schoolhouse, which was built in 1875. It served for many years as the only school in town.
A fire almost destroyed the building, but it was restored and still served as a school.
At some point in time it was replaced by new and much-needed permanent facilities to fill the needs of a growing population. At some date in time it became a library and it was also moved to its present . . .