History

Rehabilitation continues for Creswell’s ‘Old Schoolhouse’

PHOTO PROVIDED/ CRESWELL HERITAGE FOUNDATION - Creswell's Old Schoolhouse.

In 2007, Creswell residents Marge Williamson and Carol Campbell undertook to have Creswell’s old schoolhouse listed on the National Register of Historic Places. 

The building had just been vacated because the volunteer library that occupied it since 1927 moved to a new location on Oregon Ave. and was assimilated into the tax-supported library district.

Marge and Carol recognized the significance of the building to Creswell’s history and hoped that being listed on the National Register would call attention . . .

Facebook

Instagram